Factions

Started by =CfC=Father Ted, September 05, 2013, 11:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Father Ted

Fitz and I are the purple ones (Vanu?)  Not really down with all he tribal rivalries, but would be cool if any other Chuffolites who play this could join us on the same side.  So far CJ, Lawrence and Doc have dabbled.

=CfC=Fitz

We are indeed the purple, spandex clad warriors of the Vanu!

We are also on the Woodman server.

=CfC= Ax

Also with the Vanu faction but on the Miller server. Do not mind jumping over to Woodman given that my character is only at level 7.

Gosh, this all sounds nerdy.

=CfC=Father Ted

Just as well no one else can read this

Gizmo

Gave this a try ........pew, pew, pew, pew

Ten headshots then I got a chance to shoot at someone. I now have 1 kill to my name and they had their back to me and engaged with someone else :/

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: Gizmo on November 01, 2013, 10:31:57 AM

Ten headshots then I got a chance to shoot at someone. I now have 1 kill to my name and they had their back to me and engaged with someone else :/

You seem to have got the hang of it very quickly - that pretty much sums up my experience of the game!  Things can be improved by upgrading guns and armour (at a cost of real money or "certs") and playing with the highly-acclaimed CfC "outfit" - check here for late-night TS activity

Gizmo

Upgrade eh, I figured my purple mankini would suffice.

=CfC=Fitz

Whilst the spandex does dazzle, a couple of simple upgrades make a lot of difference and costs very few certs. In fact you should get enough in an hour or two's play for the very basics.

It helps to try all the 'professions' and see which one you like most. If you spread your spending across them all, it takes a long time to make a really appreciable difference in any of them.

Once you have decided on your main profession, there are some very cheap upgrades that make a big difference. Forget weapon upgrades to start with, the starter weapons are all at least ok and in some cases very good. Upgrade shields first, I believe nanoweave armour is considered the best, with flak armour if you want to concentrate on an engineer.

Grab a scope for your gun, I find the 1x reaction sight pretty good or the nightvision scope which makes targets really easy to spot. Neither are any good if you want to go sniper though.

That should be enough to get you started. I'll likely be on after I get back from swimming this evening if you fancy another go.

Gizmo

Thanks Fitz, some good advice there.
I've got a few certs, not sure if it's enough to upgrade anything yet tho.
Light, heavy or sniper I haven't decided yet but I can run away better as light :D

Tonight's out I'm afraid, Ms Gizmo decided we should have a movie night.

=CfC=Fitz

No worries. I enjoy light assault as a secondary. It's invaluable for getting up hills, over walls and buildings as well as finding nooks and crannies that people don't expect you to be in. It also shares weapons with the engineer so my main wepaon unlocks carry over :)

Ted is your man to speak to about Heavy assault but I don't have much experience in infiltrator.