Furry Co-pilots

Started by =CfC=Father Ted, November 07, 2013, 10:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Father Ted

Gizmo

CFC_Conky

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=BlueDog

Two blue dogs. ;D

Blue cattle dog Peppa (Pig)  and blue Staffie Twiggie (the piggy).

John Cartwright

Your Staffie looks as though it had the same problem as ours Bluey. She was a breed bitch chucked out of a puppy farm when she got too old to be used. She had Cushings disease and mange when we got her (No.1 Son works at a rescue center so we get to adopt the hopeless cases) Other dog is Rea the Disaster Dog also abandoned in Ireland.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

John Cartwright

And here they all are together, though the Collie cross is the only one left alive.....We aren't terrible owners; we just adopt the old ones no-one wants to re-home (honest)

=CfC=Fitz

two of mine:

Fezzik is the Black and white and Chade is the mackerel

=CfC=BlueDog

QuoteYour Staffie looks as though it had the same problem as ours Bluey.

Staffies are apparently prone to skin problems, with the 'blues' being most prone.  Twiggy's is an allergy to something or other, currently kept under control with medication and diet until we can find the culprit.

cjwebster

"Oh... that looked important."

John Cartwright

Good old Chuffy's; other forums post pics of boobies and we post pics of nice furry animals :)

=CfC=Bounder

John Cartwright

Was that really you? (and your dog of course)

=CfC=Bounder

Its a very old YouTube video that did the rounds a few years ago.....trouble is I miss my old Lab so much that posting a picture would affect me for quite a while.

We left him with friends over Christmas (Four years ago now) to spend some time with my son. When we landed in Bristol, my other half had a message on her phone to say that he had been rushed to the vet with a ruptured spleen. There were no flights with seats to get back to him....he died on Boxing Day....on his own!

Sorry to post such a story...but seeing all your pics just reminds me how much I still miss him.

Bounder :(

My other half paints animals and this water colour does show him how I do like to remember him at the age of five lying in the garden of our house in Kent:-

CFC_Conky

Quote from: BalDaddy on November 11, 2013, 08:42:21 AM
Good old Chuffy's; other forums post pics of boobies and we post pics of nice furry animals :)

True BD, but petting them won't end up costing us a house, pension, etc, etc, etc, ... :D

Sad story about your dog Bounder, I know how attached we can become to our 'children', especially at the end.

Ah, the infamous Fez Fitz, that depositor of fur on pant legs  :D

And now, what passes for a salute from my mutt:

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

CFC_Conky

Ok, last one.

There is a bar in Narita called the Jet Lag Club (I'm sure you remember it eh Bounder? ;D), owned by a former Sabena flight attendant and his Japanese wife. One of the regulars there is his dog 'Inop', a miniature greyhound. Inop like to drink from the drip tray below the beer taps and sleep it off on the bar. He is also very fond of popcorn and will jump from the floor right onto the bar to get said treat. He's friendly enough although a bit aloof, possibly because he's hungover a great deal of the time  :D.