Specs

Started by =CfC=Father Ted, January 12, 2014, 09:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Father Ted

In the light of BB's inquiries this evening I thought I'd post roughly what my machine is:

i5 2500, GTX460, 8GB ram

and what it can run:

RoF (and BoS) and PS2 would seem to be the most stressful, but it handles those certainly well enough for me to enjoy playing them.  With a better rig I'm sure I could crank up the eye-candy, but I play those games without thinking, "I wish I had  a better pooter".

CFC_Conky

Quote from: =CfC=Father Ted on January 12, 2014, 09:56:44 PM
In the light of BB's inquiries this evening I thought I'd post roughly what my machine is:

i5 2500, GTX460, 8GB ram

and what it can run:

RoF (and BoS) and PS2 would seem to be the most stressful, but it handles those certainly well enough for me to enjoy playing them.  With a better rig I'm sure I could crank up the eye-candy, but I play those games without thinking, "I wish I had  a better pooter".

Luxury!

I'm running an a dual-core E2500, 4GB ram, GTS250.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Gizmo

i7-3770K 3.5GHz running at 4.6GHz. Watercooled.
Z77X-D3H Motherboard
GTX680
16GB Ram
250GB SSD
450 & 650 GB WD Velociraptor 10000rpm drives.

Don't know what any of it means but feels like my hamster found some vitamins  ;D

CFC_Conky

Quote from: Gizmo on January 14, 2014, 02:12:18 PM
i7-3770K 3.5GHz running at 4.6GHz. Watercooled.
Z77X-D3H Motherboard
GTX680
16GB Ram
250GB SSD
450 & 650 GB WD Velociraptor 10000rpm drives.

Don't know what any of it means but feels like my hamster found some vitamins  ;D

* Turns green with envy *  :P
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

My Sinclair Spectrum is running very hot when IL-2 is operating.
I'm thinking of getting a Kenlowe fan from the scrap dealers.

Start building my new Commodore 64 today.

Bounder ;D

In the plastic bag I found the following.

Father board (mother board is sexist)....MSI Z87 G45.
I5 Haswell 4670K (I believe it will run at 4.2 in 40C Spanish ambient.)
Thermalright large radiator thingme with fan and toothpaste (they seem to have forgotten to give me the free toothbrush)
16GB of Yew (RAM is sexist)
Various other bits including a hard disk (no idea what 1TB means really)

Unfortunately I cannot read the instructions as the print is too small for me but I think I get the basics of plonking the CPU under a spring thing, spreading the toothpaste under the radiator and connecting any loose wires to plugs that fit.

Heeeeeere we gooooooo!

There is a smell of burning!

John Cartwright

I am astounded at your masterful grasp of technical terms Bounder. :)
Reports of large explosion heard in Spain on the BBC. Was that one of the lost nukes or your foray into build it yourself old chap?
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Bounder

Well on the way today with a huge radiator strapped to the top of my father board. Yew's went in a treat. Have several plastic washers and screws left over so must look for homes for them. I also found an envelope containing what it said on the packet was I believe "7 Windows"! How the hell do you fit 7 Windows into a small PC case........aaaah....that must be what the washers and screws are for.

Only problem so far is the terrible taste of the freebee toothpaste that came with my cooler......why can't they just give a discount instead of providing household toiletries?

Spittoon installed next to desk.

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Father Ted

Glad it's all going to plan Bounder.  I have to say, though, that if you want to avoid charges of sexism, then the correct term should be Parentboard.  Also probably SHEEP rather than RAM.  Not sure if yews have sexes - all I know is that they grow in churchyards, have poisonous berries and Palmtree would want to make a bow out of them.

John Cartwright

Shouldn't of read Ted's post with a gobful of char "coff; splutter"
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Bounder

I wondered if ewe would spot that one!
Perhaps it was my spell checker not selected to "New Zealand".

I believe my new rig is very modern and by-sexual having both male and female parts. I'm looking for a good ethnic mix as well so dark and light coloured bits will be added........there might even be a Church Blessing when it is finished and I'm wondering if ewe could lead the service Ted?

Just found out that my old hard drive has something called an "IDE" connector and is unable to copulate with my fatherboard! I apparently need an IDE/SATA adapter.....sounds very painful and I would have thought that a little blue pill would have done the trick.

Bounder ;D

PS. Sorry to have hijacked your thread Ted......BB would have been put off a re-build by now or gone to a farm shop to look for parts.