UP2.01 fails to load map past 90%

Started by =CfC=Fitz, October 09, 2010, 11:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Fitz

Hi All,

I've had a quick chat with Father Ted after the issues he was having with loading into the map on thursday. He said that the map would not load past around 90% and for some reason this rings a bell. I think there used to be an issue with a particular object that stopped the game loading. Can anyone remember what the fix for this was?

pip pip,

Fitz

Gizmo

This is from the e-mail Bounder sent me to fix it.............

It is I'm afraid a well known issue with a large mission on the Channel Map. The original prog. did not allow for the loading of such a large file and so texture compression is used to enable a map load.

What is strange is that it did not happen to any of us when we first downloaded UP 2.01, but over time it has affected Joel, Doc and myself...and now you.

It is a very easy fix and is only required for your UP 2.01 "conf.ini" file.

Below are the entries of my own "conf.ini" file and I have highlighted in Red the two entries that need to be changed in the "OpenGL" section.

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=3
TexCompress=2
TexFlags.UseDither=1
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=1
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=1
TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=1
TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=1
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=1
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1

Having saved these changes, you can test the mission we flew tonight by loading it from the Dropbox.

It is in my mission folder for UP 2.01 and is called:-

Channel40Fr_MDS113_DF01RBBeta_UP201

You will need to save it in your "Missions/Net/Dogfight section in a folder of your choice.
To fly you need to select Multiplayer and "create a server", dogfight and then find the mission.

Hope it helps
Cheers

=CfC=Fitz

Thanks Gizmo, just what I needed. I'll mail Ted in a minute and we'll have a go testing. I'm hoping he can join us sunday as well....

Fitz

=CfC=Fitz

No joy with that, also looks like he's using DirectX rather than opengl. We tried altering the same settings in directx with no joy....

suggestions gents?

=CfC=Fitz

Switched to opengl, now working ok.

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=Bounder

He will need to get his conf.ini settings to match his GPU. What card does he have?

Bounder

=CfC=Fitz