Hello CfC!

Started by skylla, October 04, 2014, 02:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skylla

Another flying Kraut here...

I've been with the IL-2 community for some years now, currently flying with the F.A.C. as #24. You'll find me often on the SAS server, but I'd love to fly with you guys, too!
Also, I'm a mission builder and try to get into modding at the moment.

Some more information about me:
Currently living in a small village in Germany
My hobbies: doing Il-2 stuff (of course!), bring my RC planes up in the sky, biking, archery and in winter: skiing!

That's it for now, I hope to meet you in the air soon!
skylla

=CfC=Fitz

Hi Skylla,

Nice to meet you. Hopefully Gubi and BB will have told you that any of the clowns are always welcome to fly with us. We normally fly Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays but due to various RL issues we have currently dropped the Tuesdays and Thursdays due to lack of numbers. Please do keep your eye on the TS link at the bottom of the forum though as it will show if anyone is around. Also feel free to post your availability if you'd like to fly at other times, we have chaps from all over the world and you may find a few people itching to get some flying in around the clock.

I've upgraded your forum account to FAC so you should be able to see a bit more of the boards as well.

pip pip,

Fitz

p.s. would love to see some photos of your RC planes, it is something I've always wanted to get into.

=CfC=Father Ted

Hello Skylla!

I think we met briefly on the SAS server a week or so back.  You are definitely join us and try our flavour of IL2 - especially if you can build missions!

Ted

John Cartwright

I've just seen this chaps stats on the SAS test server. He is a bit tasty in the air :)
Welcome mate.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

skylla

Thank you all for the warm welcome here :)

@Fitz: My RC planes are quite easy small styrofoam planes for average pilots, but they're very robust and I've had lot's of fun with them

My Twin Star:

My F-18:

Another (better looking) plane is under construction at the moment  ;)

=CfC=Fitz

Cool,

How does the F-18 work is it actually a jet or is it one of the electric turbofan ones?

skylla

F-18 has an electrical impeller engine (styrofoam planes are usually to small to carry those kind of loadouts)
A real Jet + Jet engine would be far to expensive for me at the moment  :(
But I actually know a guy flying with these, and let me say to you: these planes are cool beasts!

=CfC=Father Ted

Skylla, I'm intrigued by the plans under the F-18 - looks like a glider I made in the dim distant past

CFC_Conky

Hello again Skylla!  8)

Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

skylla

Hi Conky! Looking forward to fly with you again!  :D :D

@Fitz: The plan is for a glider-like plane with an engine in its nose (Graupner "Elektro-Fly"), which could be ~ 10 years or older (got it as a gift from the jet pilot).