Updating new install

Started by =CfC=Woof, August 12, 2015, 04:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Woof

I've finally, with the help of the forums, figured out how to add fresh 4.07m installs from the disc.  I've update one to 4.10.1.  Now I want to whack in UP3.  I've downloaded UP_3.0 RC4, but it talks about using JGSME before installing.  My 4.10.1 doesn't show the JGSME. What next?  Any help appreciated and rewarded with a nice dish of tripe when next in Miami Beach.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Bounder

Woof....

From memory the JSGME prog comes with UP3 and so will not appear until you have installed UP3 over 4.10.1

After installing UP3 over 4.10.1, you will need to find the icon for JSGME and move the "#UP3#_Enable_UP3" to the right side of the JSGME window and then run it to see if it loads. After that download and install the latest SAS Mod activator for UP3 here:-

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16403.0.html

Before you unzip this into the prog, you will have to delete the "IL2fb.exe" file and any "IL2 selector.exe" visible in the new installation as the new Mod activator installs its own.

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Woof

Thanks, Bounder.  Much appreciated.  BTW, do you remember telling me about "Dancing on the Edge" a couple of years ago?  Well, it's just hit netflix here.  Loved the music, the chap who wrote those songs is brilliant, but the story is a little predictable.  And as for the final episode...wha...?  But we enjoyed it, so thanks for the recommendation.

CFC_Conky

Hi Woof,

Before you get too far into that UP3 installation, it is very helpful to create a backup of your 'clean' 4.10.1 game, then if everything goes to plan, create another for your UP3 version. That way you can revert back to functioning versions much faster and more easily.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

Hmmm......Dancing on the edge! I had to Google it to remind me of what it was.......Dear oh dear......but I'm glad you managed to see it.

Conky......so true....back-up everything I guess. It is great to see how UP3 has blossomed again since Gubi and Storebor have put in so much effort to keep it going.

I'm ready to have a go now so if anyone is interested in flying I can host a session or have a go at the SAS server.

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Woof

Quote from: =CfC=Bounder on August 12, 2015, 08:19:23 PM
Woof....

Before you unzip this into the prog, you will have to delete the "IL2fb.exe" file and any "IL2 selector.exe" visible in the new installation as the new Mod activator installs its own.

Bounder ;D

Bounder, or whoever reads this first, is IL2fb.exe the same as il2fb application or are you referring to config.ini changes?  Same ? for IL2 selector.exe.  Is this IL2fb set application?

Multi thanks...

BTW I have 4.12.2 running sweetly.  Do I need to run UP3 RC4 on this?  Gulp.

CFC_Conky

Hi Woof,

The config.ini file is a different animal, leave it alone for the moment, you'll want to make sure the program runs before you do any tweaking to it.

You don't need to load UP3 on top of 4.12.2; UP3 is really designed for 4.101 although it might work with newer versions of the sim.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

Woof....

My understanding was that you had a separate 4.10.1 install? As Conky said.....best not play with a 4.12 install if you have that working properly.

So......if you have a 4.10.1 install working......load in your downloaded UP3 RC4. Then.....

- Ensure your windows "Properties" for files allows you to view the entire file names i.e. you should be able to see in the installation directory "IL2fb.exe" with an icon showing a red star. If you are just seeing "IL2fb" without the ".exe" at the end, you need to select the properties of your files in Windows to show the full name of the file.
- Once you have that indication, double click on the JGSME yellow icon and move the folder "#UP3#_Enable_UP3" to the RHS of the JSGME window.
- Now run the prog to see if UP3 has installed correctly. (The splash screen will show UP3 RC4)
- Now you can install the latest Mod Activator from SAS from the link I posted. This is done AFTER deleting both the current files "Il2fb.exe" and "Il2 selector.exe" from the main prog. directory (nothing to do with the config.ini file)
- Unzip the Mod Activator to your prog. directory and double click on the newly installed "Il2 selector.exe" to open up the options. (A readme file is installed with this new selector in the main directory......best read it first).
- After making the appropriate selections in the selector GUI window, your UP3 should run.

If you still have problems, we can set up a "Teamviewer" session with TS running and try to sort out your installs.

Bounder :)

=CfC=Woof

Thanks for the instructions, Bounder.  Working on it today.

=CfC=Woof

Well, I had just the one 4.10.1 install and screwed that one up before I made a copy, duh.  I have several 4.07s and have spent hours trying to get them to 4.10.

I've downloaded fresh mega packs from M4T but nothing seems to take hold.  I've opened the "run me" within the 4.07...no luck.  Have tried opening the application within the install.  No luck there.  They all keep saying that the installs already have the mega pack installed and as if I want to overwrite once again.

I have not been able to find a start ikon for 4.10 after the downloads.

One clue that I can't interpret:  I succeeded just once  in getting 4.10 to start but when I changed the config to make it fit my 24" screen it reverted to 4.07.  Wha?

I still have my original 4.10.1 with RC3 but it wont take RC4.  Nor will it upgrade the hsfx 7 to the latest version.  I get the message that my computer has some code newer than that which is required.  The only fix I can find is to just ignore the message, but that doesn't work for me.

That's the reason I started this whole clean install of 4.07 thingie.

I can fly on SAS, but not thru Hyperlobby.  Cannot join any server requiring hsfx.

My tears are flowing...

=CfC=Woof

Further to the above, I've now updated HSFX 7 to v3, thanks to Conky's instructions. And made a copy.  Now to try for RC4...

Bounder, where do I find windows properties so I can finds IL2fb.exe?  I'm stumped again.

=CfC=Bounder

OMG!

I'm a bit lost with all your installs now!

To answer your questions on viewable file extensions:- (straight from Google)

Displaying the File Extension in Windows Vista and Windows 7
-Click the Start menu. ...
-Type "folder options" (without the quotes). ...
-A dialog box with the title "Folder Options" will appear. ...
-Click to uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for known file types".
-Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the dialog box.

It might be easier if we setup a Teamviewer session including using TS. If you want to do that, give me a day and time and we can try and sort something out. You only need to download this small prog to allow me to look at your file structure:-

Go to https://www.teamviewer.com/hi/download/windows.aspx and download "For the instant customer: TeamViewer QuickSupport" (not the full prog)

You will need to save this prog and run it when we have the session. You will also need a working version of either 4.10.1 or 4.12 together with th UP3 RC 4 patch available (below).

You can try the following if you want to have another go yourself:-

Have you downloaded the complete UP3 RC4 supapack here?:-

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1183

Make a copy (please use a copy....not an original) of a 4.10.1 or a 4.12 that is working. Install this patch over it by......

Instructions: Download all 13 parts of superpatch into a folder somewhere, and run the exe (part1)pointing the installer to this new installation.

Having done that........I'll be on TS at 1815 UTC (GMT) to explain how the Activator should be setup.

If this fails, we will need to setup a Teamviewer session sometime as above.

What on earth happened to your original UP3 RC4?

Bounder

=CfC=Woof

Thanks and my apologies...have been working on it all morning..have hsfx 7.3 working but need rc4 to get on internet

I'll be on ts at 1815