Resolution (for Bounder)

Started by =CfC=Father Ted, November 01, 2015, 09:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Father Ted

I'm using 1920 x 1080 (native) on a 27" monitor @144Hz.  Overkill for IL2, but I bought it for RoF/BoS because of their "zoom" function.

=CfC=Bounder

Just changed mine back to native (1920 x 1200) as I noticed how grainy the video capture was. Additionally, since  fitting my new video card it seems that I can  hold on to 60FPS with the higher resolution (using 16an.....8AA....and multisampling in the NVIDIA panel.....down one step from 2x supersampling)

The trade off is in seeing distant a/c with the higher resolution but I think overall I prefer the better image quality.

Incidentally, I have now moved to using NVIDIA "Shadowplay" for video capture. It comes with NVIDIA "Experience" which all NVIDIA cards now come with. It has no time limit for capture like FRAPS free version but the size of captured video can be huge!! I set 30fps capture and resolution to 1080 and that seems o come out at over 100mbs per minute!!

Shame we do not have a video boffin in CfC.....I find it a nightmare to try and understand how to get a descent image quality.

Bounder ???