BIG update!

Started by =CfC=Father Ted, September 06, 2017, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Father Ted

Looks like it could be time to jump back in: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12826-game-updates/#entry503128.  Apart from the cosmetic effects (though I really like the idea of proper cockpit shadows), the list of FM changes in the "spoiler" portion of the post would seem to make the sim much more pleasant to fly.

CFC_Conky

Just read the announcement today of the upcoming 'Flying Circus'. Nice to see they have not given up on WW1  8).

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

John Cartwright

Same old familiar line-up of kites though:
- SPAD 13 C.1
- Sopwith Dolphin
- Sopwith Camel
- RAF S.E.5a
- Bristol Fighter
- Albatros D.Va
- Fokker Dr.1
- Fokker DVII
- Pfalz D.IIIa
- Halberstadt CL.II

Would be nice to have a bit of flyable variety a la 'WoFF'; some of perhaps the not so successful or glamorous such as the 'Quirk' or the Bristol M1 for example. This will always be a disadvantage with 'pay per plane' set-ups of course.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

CFC_Conky

True enough BD, although if they upgrade the game to BoS standards it will be rather good I should think. The devs are adding more kites to that series so I imagine FC would be no different.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: BalDaddy on November 19, 2017, 01:09:48 PM
- SPAD 13 C.1
- Sopwith Dolphin
- Sopwith Camel
- RAF S.E.5a
- Bristol Fighter
- Albatros D.Va
- Fokker Dr.1
- Fokker DVII
- Pfalz D.IIIa
- Halberstadt CL.II

Would be nice to have a bit of flyable variety a la 'WoFF'; some of perhaps the not so successful or glamorous such as the 'Quirk' or the Bristol M1 for example. This will always be a disadvantage with 'pay per plane' set-ups of course.

Just noticed my original post was in the wrong place, but anyhoo.  It's long been a complaint of RoF that the planeset is skewed towards later war, iconic machines, but those other,  not so successful crates are, almost by definition, not much fun to fly.  The DH2 and EIII empty servers in RoF.

CFC_Conky

Quote from: BalDaddy on November 19, 2017, 01:09:48 PM
- SPAD 13 C.1
- Sopwith Dolphin
- Sopwith Camel
- RAF S.E.5a
- Bristol Fighter
- Albatros D.Va
- Fokker Dr.1
- Fokker DVII
- Pfalz D.IIIa
- Halberstadt CL.II

Hi BD,

If you fly online in RoF, the aircraft listed make up 99% of what everyone flies so no surprises there. While it may siphon off players from RoF, if they integrate it with the BoX series, we may end up with a new crop of players. Anyway, you can't fight progress so I will purchase it  8).

Pip, pip,
Conky

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: CfC_Conky on November 20, 2017, 07:34:58 PM

While it may siphon off players from RoF, if they integrate it with the BoX series, we may end up with a new crop of players. Anyway, you can't fight progress so I will purchase it  8).

Pip, pip,
Conky

I worry about a small playerbase fracturing still further with this, but I'll buy it.  Some of the advances with the Digital Nature engine that I've read about on the BoS dev diary suggest that FC will be a worthwhile step up from RoF in terms of FMs and scenery.