most recent version of BOS

Started by =CfC=Woof, December 07, 2017, 10:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Woof

For better or for worse I somehow finished up with BOS running through Steam.  It shows version 2.12d.  Is this the latest version?

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Father Ted

I'll go out on a limb here and say yes.  As I understand it, Steam automatically updates your games (if you tick that particular box).

=CfC=Woof

Thanks, Ted.  I've finally got everything working pretty well.  Thought I'd add Moscow and Kuban but it looks like they're $80 a piece.

Ouch...may be as a B'day pressie or something...

CFC_Conky

Hi Woof,

My game updates automatically from the launcher; instead of the 'play' tab, I get the 'update' tab.

Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

Same as Conky......... without Steam (never used it) the launcher updates when BOS opens.

Have managed to tone down the appearance of summer map by selecting 0.7 gamma in the startup conf. File (lowest setting on the GUI graphics slider is 0.8 which is too bright on my monitor after much experimenting). Autumn map is really nice and much easier to find your way around.

Really like the way the Yak fly's now apart from running out of elevator trim below 200kph which is way too fast for approach IMHO bearing in mind the stall speed. They certainly have done a lot of work on the FM.

Perhaps we should give it another world on Thursday evening?

Bounder

Storebror

Quote from: =CfC=Woof on December 07, 2017, 10:01:14 PM
It shows version 2.12d.  Is this the latest version?
2.012d
Note the subtle difference.
2.012 is the patch level, released end of august 2017.
"d" denotes the 4th hotfix.
Patches are being discussed in the IL-2 Sturmovik Developer Diary, 2.012 talking starts here:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-5#entry481140

Flight models have improved a lot with 2.012 patch, if nothing else then the massive complaints (not to say whining) of the few quattrozillion Bf 109 F-4 jockeys proves that the changes are right and just on time.
Most notably, the Bf 110 won't outrun and outturn a P-40 anymore, which was one of the biggest annoyances of the 2.011 FMs to me.

Steam per default keeps all installed games up-to-date, which is one of the Steam features I really love.
It doesn't even matter that my BoS installation is a mixed Steam and direct purchase (which makes sense as the game content always is the same regardless the license you have).

Quote from: =CfC=Woof on December 08, 2017, 01:24:20 AM
Thought I'd add Moscow and Kuban but it looks like they're $80 a piece.
You have to wait for the next sale.
The last one ended November 28, no idea when the next will be.
In the last sale I've grabbed all content I could (previously I've owned BoS and BoM Deluxe only) for roughly 50% off.

Cheers!
Mike
Learn. Challenge. Improve. -

Storebror

Oh and by the by... 3.001 isn't too far anymore:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32758-final-release-battle-kuban-delayed-little-bit/

It is supposed to be the final BoK release, adding nice things like A-20, Yak-7 and P-39 (someone hear the krauts whining again?).

Cheers!
Mike

=CfC=Woof

Thanks again, chaps...and of course I screwed up the version...it is indeed 2.012d...btw will be unable Thursday 14, but should be there
Tuesday 12...

=CfC=Bounder

Quote from: Storebror on December 08, 2017, 09:24:13 AM
Oh and by the by... 3.001 isn't too far anymore:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32758-final-release-battle-kuban-delayed-little-bit/

It is supposed to be the final BoK release, adding nice things like A-20, Yak-7 and P-39 (someone hear the krauts whining again?).

Cheers!
Mike

The 3.001 update for the BOS map looks very good with images posted on the developer's thread. Many thanks for posting the info Mike.

Woof......I'm OK for Tuesday 12th... Hope maybe Conky and Ted are able to trot along for a 1945z start?

Bounder

=CfC=Father Ted

I'll try for Tuesday...

@Woof - you may well find BoM and BoK discounted in the Steam Christmas sale if you can wait a couple of weeks.

=CfC=Woof

Thanks, Ted...I'll keep an eye out...

=CfC=Woof

Picked up BOM today for $49...some fun, but some getting used to...didn't think I'd be back in school...

Storebror

That's exactly our feeling Woof and let me add: It's among those things in BoX which are the biggest fun for me.
Even as one of the "big animals" in 1946 (*cough* *cough*) I'm just one of those disabled Goofys in BoX again.
Brings back memories from the beginning of 1946, long gone memories...

Okay gents.
Just ordered a new dedicated server to run BoX dserver on today and the email popped in this minute that the remote console is ready so I can install Windows Server.
Wish me luck!

Cheers!
Mike

=CfC=Woof

=CfC=Father Ted