Another Spitfire found

Started by =CfC=Bounder, November 23, 2018, 09:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

A PRU (reconnaissance) Spitfire has been found in Norway and will be used to build and restore another flying restoration.

BBC 4 are featuring the find on 28th. Nov.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/spitfire-norway-mountain-great-escape-pilot-found-second-world-war-nazi-raf-espionage-alastair-gunn-a8646841.html?amp

Bounder

=CfC= Binks

On the subject of Spitfires, I have one being restored in my small barn at home! The chap I rented my house to is a pilot with the Old Flying Machine Company, and he has a Mkviii that was originally RAAF based in the Solomon Islands. I'll post a photo or two when I have time, and a little of the back story.

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

CFC_Conky

Very, very cool Binks old bean, how have you been?

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC= Binks

All is well thanks Conky. The spitfire in our barn is code UP X. Apparently, there were two with the same code, by mistake. So they put a white bar top and bottom of the X on one of them. I have a photo of that, but the one in our barn is the original, without the white bars. James, the owner, has some gun cam footage somewhere, I'll see if he will let me have a copy, but understandably, he is very reluctant to publicise anything, as he constantly is pestered for visits and photos. Photo bucket appears to be a pay site now, is there anything else that could be used for free?

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......