Arming screen freeze

Started by =CfC=Bounder, December 09, 2011, 01:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

Last night I encountered the dreaded arming screen freeze! It happened with two out of my three installations without even being online!

I have spent the morning trying to debug this issue and although I still do not know precisely what entry in the file structure caused it, I have isolated it to the User/Your pilot name/settings file.

This was done after a huge amount of Sherlock Holmes work involving three separate installs. I had deleted some old Campaigns which may have caused this.

Basically, the problem went away when I loaded my original User/pilot name/settings file from a back-up 4.10.1 installation. I then copied all my new control settings into the old notebook 4.10.1 file and placed it in my UP installation. It worked!

I had 12 pages of entries in the corrupted file which remembers all settings for each a/c that you fly. Since this happened when I selected a Beaufighter, I knew roughly where to look in the file structure.

Moto.....back-up your "User" file while it works.....this is the first time I have had to use a back-up file in anger!

Bounder ??? ;D

=CfC=Bounder

Found the missing line.......

UP3 has several versions of the Beaufighter. It appears that the early version Mk1C which was in the Channel DF map the other night may cause an issue when it is selected at Lympne or Manston. (probably only in a Net mission e.g.DF)

If anyone gets an arming screen freeze when selecting this a/c type when flying a DF, close your prog. then open your User/Pilot name/settings file in Notepad, and go to the [weapon] section where it has remembered your selection, add the line:-

BeaufighterMkI=default

This was missing altogether in my file, but present in my back-up installation. It could be the result of the UP decision to reduce the number of variants (there are two versions of the Mk1....a C and an F) with just one entry in the file showing as Mk1 without a letter.

Bounder ::)

=CfC= Silverback

Thanks for the heads up Bounder. I think it's really going to be a mess when the Up finale is released.

=CfC=Bounder

Unfortunately there seems to be another entry causing the arming screen to "loop" without being able to fly.

Could someone please test the following:-

- Run the current mission that we flew the other night in multiplayer mode:- Mission   "Channel40_DFRB01_42GCI_UP3"
- Select HB "Wissant" (Blue base nearest Dover)
- Select the Bf109F2 and chose the weapons "MG 151/20 field mod
- Press the "Fly" button.
- If it loops back to the arming screen, chose the "default" armament and see if you spawn.

If this bug is verified by someone else, I will have to remove this load-out option.

Bounder ::)

=CfC=Father Ted

Just checked Bounder, and it is as you say - bug verified

Ted

=CfC=Bounder

Thanks Ted.....

Since we have the "Galland" version of the Bf109F2 available, it won't matter too much to remove this load-out option on the regular F2. In fact it is probably the two together that is causing the problem.

Bounder :-\

MF_UFO

A-20 with mark 13 (late) torp does the same thing :(

=CfC=Bounder

Quote from: MF_UFO on December 15, 2011, 11:49:40 PM
A-20 with mark 13 (late) torp does the same thing :(

Oooops! My fault UFO....the Mk13 late came out sometime in 1943 (I believe) and unless the mission date is set correctly, they don't work! I have changed the dates on the 1943 missions so that the A20G now has working M13 Late torpedoes.

Here is a link to some info on the Mk13:-

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WTUS_WWII.htm

Sorry it has taken so long to fix this. It has gone unnoticed for quite a while.

The latest UP3 mission folder is in the Dropbox with edits covering the arming issues. (CfC_DF_UP3_171211)

Please post in the Mission building section if you find any other problems and I will try and fix them.

Bounder ::) ;D